The better Question Jada is, why do black women keep seeking to be on covers of magazines that typically cater to white people?
Why do we keep feeling the need to be accepted by them?
Why is it not enough that we as black women and as black people create our own opportunities in the media and stop asking others to accept us?
Personally, I don’t care what color those women are and care even less about who they portray.
I care more about the constant begging black folks do and in particular black women………and that seems to me to be more pathetic than the lack of opportunities blacks feel they are getting in media.
Black women can never find equality and respect when you keep seeking it from outside sources, and the real conversation we should have is why in 2013 are black women still feeling the need to be in mainstream media and why do our sense of esteem always lay in the hands of people who don’t look like us?
- Should White Women Be Featured on the Cover of Magazines Geared Towards Black Women? Jada Pinkett-Smith Thinks So (madamenoire.com)
- Jada Asks: Shouldn’t White Women Cover Essence, Too? (blackamericaweb.com)
- Does Jada Want a White Woman to Cover Essence? (theroot.com)
- Should black magazine feature white woman in their covers? what do you thing? (missmangue.wordpress.com)
- Jada Pinkett-Smith questions: ‘Should black women’s mags put white women on their covers?’ (thegrio.com)
- Jada Pinkett Smith Flips Script, Calls For White Women To Grace Covers Of Black Magazines (newsone.com)
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Asks Women Why They Resort to Same-Sex Relationships for Intimacy (blackamericaweb.com)
- Jada Pinkett Smith Flips Script, Calls For White Women To Grace Covers Of Black Magazines (praisedc.com)